Tuesday 5 April 2011

THE HEAVING CORE ~

 

Burgundy tones of hair so thick
the subtle sure knowledge
i can have my pick
 
the flaring of my nostrils
the intensity of my gaze
 
misfit
 
non confirming
setting hearts ablaze
or acknowledging
your worst fears
 
wearing my need
like the backless black dress
 
unconstrained
scintillating
uncaring
showing my finger to those too scared
not daring to ever bare
hypocrisy at its peak
 
i'd rather digress
not waste time to chastise the weak
it will always be about me
me me and yet more of me
 
damn sure of those second looks
purging my heaving core
by hook or crook
 
unabashedly untamed
 
oh yes!
i know how to retreat
yet, lay my claim
burgundy tones of hair so thick
the piercing green intensity of my gaze
 
about time
it set your god dammed mind ablaze

~o0o~



# picture courtesy- THE SNAFU DANCE THEATRE

16 comments:

  1. oh snap! way to lay it down sonny...the house is burning down with this one...would love to hear it spoken with all kinds of attitude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intense!
    Love it - my gaze is green with envy (or blue-ish, I guess)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite powerful!

    "damn sure of those second looks
    purging my heaving core
    by hook or crook

    unabashedly untamed"

    Great lines there! And, great picture, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very powerful poem & great imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ brian...thats the part i dont like about blogger...no option of recording a voice reply...

    ReplyDelete
  6. fridge ...i want a picture of that..ur eyes all blue with envy...:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. lori....andy....zanks..any feedback...is hugely appreciated ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your lines and the pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The last two lines! Terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's something terrible about this -- terrible in the sense of "inspiring terror" -- like a goddess threatening doom. Or a lover. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol...its a sirens song....glynn....its passion unadulterated...*wicked grins

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful poem...i could sense the siren in this and wanted them to ensnare me

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh this is powerful! enjoyed it thoroughly. I wonder why I didn't come to your blog before! it's quite a poetic experience!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Intriguing images, Sonny! I dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. An intriguing poem, Sonny.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete